Saturday, February 4, 2012

White Russian Ice Cream for Superbowl 2012

I recently read in Chemical & Engineering News magazine, on the last page, that 2 young ladies had come up with a way to make ice cream that will actually get you drunk. I thought, this is PERFECT for Superbowl Sunday 2012! I read on.

They can get up to a cup of alcohol in one small batch of ice cream while still being able to freeze it. They're not even trying to keep the key ingredient a secret! But. I will not take away from their page views by mentioning it. I recommend Googling them or buying their book as I did for this weekend - "Ice Cream Happy Hour" by Valerie Lum and Jenise Addison.

I decided to make their White Russian ice cream for this Sunday and recruited my fiance, who knows more about cooking than I do, to help prepare this delicious recipe. It's a cooked recipe, mind you, so it's still cooling off in the fridge. It's supposed to take several hours. We'll see if it ends up being as good as it sounds...

______________

Take Note: It took all night for the ice cream to freeze, but the result was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment